The Locust Valley School District recently sent out notice that it will begin offering Universal Pre-K with limited slots for this year and expanding next year. (See below message to parents) “Universal pre-k,” also known as “preschool for all,” is a policy framework that gives all families with preschool-aged children the opportunity to voluntarily enroll their child in a publicly-funded pre-kindergarten care and education program in a state or community. Universal Pre-K has been steadily growing in popularity with close to a billion dollars invested from the state budget.
We are excited to share that we are moving forward with a full day Universal Pre-K Program for the 2022-2023 school year to begin on January 9, 2023. To be eligible to participate, children must be four (4) years of age by December 1, 2022. This full day program will be located at both Bayville Primary School and Ann MacArthur Primary School, and will be taught by New York State certified teachers. The program will follow the calendar of the Locust Valley School District.
For this year, there will be 18 slots available at Bayville Primary, 18 slots available at Ann MacArthur Primary, and potentially another 7 slots at a Community Based Organization yet to be determined. If necessary, students will be selected via a random lottery, and a wait list will be established for all interested registrants who are not selected through the lottery. Registration Information:
● UPK applications to be available online in the last week of September on the district
website and hard copies will also be available at the Administration Building at 22 Horse
Hollow Road, Locust Valley
● Lottery Application and registration packets due by Wednesday, October 5 by 5:00pm
● Participants are chosen through a lottery system if interest exceeds allocated seats
● Lottery will take place if necessary on October 12, 2022. Names selected and placements
in order selected
● The district will live stream the lottery and post results on the LVCSD website by number
● Families notified by email shortly following the lottery the week of October 17th
● A wait list will be created for all registrants not selected through the lottery
● A Parent/Guardian Information Night will be scheduled following the lottery drawing.
More information will follow
● Adherence to deadlines in letter is required or spot is forfeited
● All registration forms must be completed to attend
● Students will attend home building where applicable
Step One: Friday September 23 through Thursday September 29 at 4:00 p.m. – Online Google Registration Intent Form to be Completed – form will be at www.locustvalleyschools.org. Once this process has been completed, interested families should download and complete the Registration Packet. The registration packet will be located at www.locustvalleyschools.org under UPK Information or at the Administration Building at 22 Horse Hollow Road, Locust
Valley. Please submit the completed packet to the registrar.
The Central Registrar will review submitted online Google Registration Intent Forms in the order in which they are received An appointment will be scheduled by the Central Registrar for “To educate the whole student and inspire in everyone a passion for life-long learning.”
Locust Valley Central School District parent/guardian to provide the required documentation denoted in the Registration Packet Parent/Guardian will receive a Pre-K Lottery Number at the registration appointment The lottery will occur at 4:00 p.m. on October 12, 2022. The district will live stream the lottery and post results on the district website. Below you will find an FAQ concerning the UPK program.
Should you have questions regarding the program, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Download the complete letter here